There has been a lot of interest from HI Capacity members and the maker community to open a Makerspace. We have attained our dedicated space! We are located at the very back of The Box Jelly. Enter through the front of The Box Jelly and go all the way to the back (past the conference rooms and the canvas door). We are on the right inside of the white sliding doors!
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8am-8pm Saturday-Sunday, 11am-4pm
Certain evenings will be closed due to Box Jelly events. We will notify you in advance when the Makerspace will be closed.
What is Provided
- Space to work on software/hardware projects. Soldering is allowed.
- A limited amount of storage space to store your projects.
- Comfortable chairs and tables.
- A community of people that want to do things!
- Space for holding talks and other events
- High-speed wireless internet
- Access to all public events and access to any member only events
- HD Projector
- Soldering tools
- MakerBot Replicator (Fifth Generation)
$60/month — Basic membership, which includes access to the space.
$75/month — This includes basic membership, a locker, and a HI Capacity email address (if requested). You can advertise your membership or talk about your projects! Your additional contribution will go towards opening a larger Makerspace and equipment. By contributing a little more, you can help our Makerspace grow even faster!
Starving Hacker and Student rates are available. Please email maker(a)hicapacity.org
$15/month — Locker to store projects (subject to availability). Lockers are assigned on first come, first serve basis. If you are interested in getting a locker please see Noah, Ed, or James. Please note that the higher tier of membership includes a locker, if you want an additional one, you will need to an extra $15/month.
307a Kamani Street, Honolulu, HI
Parking for HI Capacity is street parking only. There is parking on side streets surrounding Kamani Street and also on Ward Avenue.
- 24-hour access for upper tier members
- More storage space
And we’ll continue to grow.
- More desks
- Space for machinery
- More 3D printers
- CNC Machines
- Laser cutters
- Lathes and other tools
- Espresso Machine
- Any maker tool you can imagine!