There has been a lot of interest from HI Capacity members and the maker community to open a Makerspace. We have attained our dedicated space! We are located in the Manoa Innovation Center. Enter through the front walkway, follow the side walk to your second door on the right. When you take the first left in the hallway, you will see our door on the right.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday 10am to 9pm
What is Provided
- Space to work on software/hardware projects. Soldering is allowed.
- A limited amount of storage space to store your projects.
- Comfortable chairs and tables.
- A community of people that want to do things!
- Space for holding talks and other events
- High-speed wireless internet
- Access to all public events and access to any member only events
- Mini fridge and access to the building’s larger kitchen with a microwave
- HD Projector
- Soldering tools
- MakerBot Replicator (Fifth Generation) 3D printer
$60/month — Basic membership, which includes access to the space.
$75/month — This includes basic membership, a locker, and a HI Capacity email address (if requested). You can advertise your membership or talk about your projects! Your additional contribution will go towards opening a larger Makerspace and equipment. By contributing a little more, you can help our Makerspace grow even faster!
Starving Hacker and Student rates are available. Please email maker(a)hicapacity.org
$15/month — Locker to store projects (subject to availability). Lockers are assigned on first come, first serve basis. If you are interested in getting a locker please see Noah, Ed, or James. Please note that the higher tier of membership includes a locker, if you want an additional one, you will need to pay an extra $15/month.
2800 Woodlawn Drive, Suite #132, Honolulu, HI 96822
Visitor parking is available in the front lot of MIC. The visitor stalls are green. DO NOT PARK IN THE RESERVED STALLS. There is also ample street parking next to MIC that is free. DO NOT park at the shopping center, your car may get towed.
- 24-hour access for upper tier members
- More storage space
And we’ll continue to grow.
- More desks and a laptop bar
- Space for machinery
- More 3D printers
- CNC Machines
- Laser cutters
- Lathes and other tools
- Espresso Machine
- Any maker tool you can imagine!